Do you have 5 years’ plus working experience as a Business Manager role with Business Development experience in
mineral processing / bulk material handling equipment or similar?
Are you motivated in driving new business growth in an expanding market?
Do you have experience in solution-based sales?
Are you happy to roll your sleeves up and take a hands-on approach?
Mineral Processing Solutions (MPS) is a distributor of leading mobile, fixed and modular processing and handling equipment, focused on a vast
range of market sectors, including mining, quarrying, earthmoving, recycling, forestry, ports, civil infrastructure and materials handling.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for the overall management, growth and development of our
mineral processing & bulk material handling distribution, service and support business in the East Coast of Australia, Papua New Guinea and
Strategic planning and the development of financial, operational and strategic road maps will be required, that will support the delivery of equipment,
spare parts, market development and technical support across the regions.
This ‘hands on’ position requires extensive experience in a similar position, with a strong history in screening and crushing operations, experience in
hire, sales and service support of mineral processing and bulk materials handling equipment, as well as a successful background in leading new business
development, as these are critical in developing a fast-paced growth trajectory.
Technical solution-based sales and rentals will be fundamental in growing a sustainable business. The sale doesn’t stop at delivery. The customer
relationship will continually evolve and be nurtured, with repeat custom and solid long-term relationships paramount to the overall business operation
success and expansion plans. Travel to and working in different locations will be required, ensuring time is managed to effective.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
The successful candidate must possess a comprehensive understanding of screening and crushing operations. A minimum of 4+ years’ experience in
mineral processing, and/or bulk material handling equipment is essential. Networking will be candidates’ new norm, using past and new contacts to
create traction when moving the business forward.
Applicants will also need the following experience, key skills and abilities to:
- Analyse the market; create a strategy, build a customer base and launch MPS into new marketplaces.
- Ensure the region operates in a profitable, productive, effective and professional manner, with safety being promoted across the business
- Be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines, and making any necessary adjustments to ensure successful completion.
- Manage all engineering activities within the company including interpretation of plans, drawings and specifications, design, development, production and testing.
- Confront and solve performance / operational issues to improve development efficiency.
- Prioritise customer service, by exceeding customer expectations and requirements
- Use time effectively, ensuring adequate time is spent in essential areas
- Self-motive in this semi-autonomous role
- Cold call and direct sell to new and existing clients
- Roll your sleeves up and complete the tasks at all levels of employee hierarchy
Advanced computer skills with MS Office is essential with Pronto experience advantageous.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol Test, as well as hold a current Australian Drivers Licence,
travel is required in this role.
Applicants must hold full unrestricted working rights for Australia to be considered for this role.
Applicants need to provide:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the above essential criteria an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- The contact details for two employment referees (referees will only be contacted with your consent).
Please send your resume and brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to: email@example.com
Initial enquiries can be made by contacting Tim Begley during business hours on 9359 0333.